This week we have been talking about the transitions to marriage. I think it is an important subject to discuss because once you are married you don't know how to transition all your own. That knowledge that you need you have to learn and understand and make an effort to make marriage great.
I have been married now for 2 months so the information that we have discussed this week has been so helpful. I have had so many questions since I've gotten married about ways that I can improve. There have been many things that I haven't understood about the way my husband and I are interacting or the way we are communicating that I understand a lot better.
We discussed the different things that newlyweds need to be working on.
-building a foundation
-learning how to resolve conflict
-communication
-establishing roles
I think that talking about how you will resolve conflict is really important because when conflicts arise if you haven't talked about it you do what comes naturally. In a marriage I think it is vital to think about all aspects and to not let what comes natural to happen. When that happens I think that husband and wife can hurt each other's feelings and build patterns and habits that they don't want to but they do so without realizing it. If we talk about all aspects within our marriage and what results we want to have then we can be proactive about building the patterns and habits we want to build for life.
This is important also to build a strong marriage because when kids come the marriage will remain strong. Marital satisfaction doesn't have to decrease when children come but I think the way we handle that is a lot of effort on the husband and wife before the kids come. We can't sit around and expect to have a great marriage and a great family without any effort on our part!
No comments:
Post a Comment